How To Tuesday: Dotted Circle Cappuccino Cup & Saucer
October 30, 2012
We introduced this idea last week, and we’re having a great time with it so far. Here at All Fired Up we are starting a series of blog posts called “How To Tuesday.” We’re going to try and post something EVERY Tuesday that will inspire the inner-pottery-painter in you! Our next idea is super simple and just as adorable!
- Cappuccino Cup & Saucer
- Glaze Colors:
- Candy Apple
- Paint Pens:
- Grass Green
- True Blue
- Candy Apple
- Medium Square Brush
- Wipe down the piece with a damp sponge to make sure that no dust or dirt has settled on the piece.
- Paint the inside of the Cappuccino Cup and top of the Saucer with three coats of Candy Apple glaze.
- Start with a single dot of one of your paint pen colors. Then choose a second paint pen color (it doesn’t really matter what order you go in) and circle that single dot with several small dots.
- Keep choosing various colors and making concentric circles with your dots until you have about six circles of color. Repeat this design all the way around the cup.
- If desired, add inscriptions very lightly with a True Blue pen. (Such as “be happy,” as pictured.)
- Write your name or initials on the back of your piece with a paintbrush or paint pen. (Please note: Pen or pencil will not show up after the firing process.)
(The original photo comes from “bethany actually” on Flikr.)