Teacher’s Pet Mug
August 29, 2012
What You’ll Need:
- Travel Coffee Mug
- Paint colors: Grass Green, Bubblegum, Candy Apple, Peacock, and one Earth paint pen
- Tools: Brush, circle sponges
1) Paint three coats of a Grass Green stripe down the handle of the mug, and cover the bottom third of the coffee mug.
2) Take various large round sponges and dip them in Tickled Pink or Bubblegum paint and press them onto the top half of the mug, alternating in color and size.
3) Using a medium brush, paint vertical strips around the mug over the Grass Green Paint. Wait for it to dry. Repeat twice.
4) Use a stencil, carbon copy paper, or draw by hand the teacher’s name and apple with a pencil on the mug.
5) Fill in the teacher’s name with your Earth paint pen.
6) Paint in the apple with Candy Apple, the leaf with Grass Green, and the stem with your Earth paint pen.
7) Sign your (child’s) name on the bottom, and you’re finished!