“My Heart Belongs to Dad” Baseball Plate
May 9, 2012
It’s not too soon to start brainstorming the perfect Father’s Day present, and we’ve got just the present if the Dad in your life loves baseball!
Full credit goes to Art Space Studio in Charlotte, NC for the design and creation of this beautiful plate!
What you’ll need…
- Bisque: Small Coupe Dinner Plate
- Colors: White, Scarlet, and a Black and Scarlet paint pen
- Tools: Brush, Sponges, Paint Pens, Pencil
1. Paint three coats of White glaze all over the plate, so the background will really pop.
2. With a pencil, sketch out the basic curved lines of a baseball’s stitches and then mark (with an X or a dot) where each heart should go for even placement.
3. Paint your child’s hand with Scarlet paint and carefully place it on the center of the plate. Repeat with the other hand so that just the thumbs overlap. (Hint: If the handprints smudge, no problem! You can always wipe away the glaze with a damp sponge and try again.)
4. If you’re not totally comfortable with a paint pen, feel free to pencil in your Father’s Day saying above/below the handprints. Then you can go back in with a paint pen and trace your own handwriting!
5. Add the emphasis of the heart on the overlapping thumbprints.
6. Go back and use a Scarlet paint pen to paint in your hearts for the “stitches” of the baseball.
That’s it! You’re done! Now sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself as we take care of the rest!