Peppermint Candy Plate
November 26, 2011
Here’s a step-by-step guide to painting a very fun, sleek, stylish, holiday-themed set of plates!
- Coupe Dinner Plate
- Coupe Salad Plate
- Download pattern [PDF]
- Candy Apple
- White (optional)
At Your Table:
Accessories (Our staff will be happy to bring these to your table):
- Carbon Paper
- Paint Pen
- Trace pattern onto the coupe salad plate using the carbon paper.
- Using a brush at your table, apply three coats of Candy Apple Red to the areas that say “R” on the pattern. (As an alternative to Candy Apple Red, you could use Hot Tamale or Scarlet).
- Clean edges either:
- By scraping using the opposite side of the brush (look for a brush that has a sloped, hard pointed edge in your brush caddy at your table).
- By using a paint pen in the same color red along the edges (easier method)
- The white stripe can either be left unpainted or painted with three coats of White.
- Using a paint pen in the same color red, apply a line in the center of each stripe as shown in the photo.
- For the coordinating dinner plate, apply three coats of Spruce to the entire plate.